UPDATES 4/22/2013 11:20am
- TOWN HALL MEETING is set for 6:00 PM Tuesday at KC HALL. Representatives from all agencies will be available to answer questions and concerns.
- OAK STREET barriers have been removed and placed at SPRING STREET at this time.
•There is NO ACCESS TO WATER, and limited electricity, and natural gas at this time.
- PUBLIC WATER SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL AREAS FOR AT LEAST A WEEK, POSSIBLY UP TO 3 WEEKS. Preliminary reports state water infrastructure has been severely damaged. Engineers and City Public Works are on the scene and have reported this will take some time to restore. We encourage you to find a place to stay until we can get these services back online due to health and safety hazards. more details will be released as they are available.
- INSURANCE ADJUSTERS now have full access to zones 1 & 2 at this time to assess damage and start claims process.
- Currently a plan is in process to recover your VEHICLE ONLY in zone 3. MORE DETAILS ON THIS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.
- Re-entry to stage 3 is currently in the works at this time. We anticipate to have an announcement about details within the next 24 -48 hours.
We ask you be as patient as possible as this is the most difficult of all stages due to the extreme damage along with extreme health and safety hazards in that area. State along with local officials are actively patrolling that area on foot and ATV’S to keep it secure for our citizens. Rest assure your property and belongings are safe at this time.
- No injuries have been reported at this time.
-AS CITIZENS OF WEST WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. LONG TERM RECOVERY WILL TAKE SEVERAL MONTHS TO YEARS. WE ARE WORKING NON STOP TO EXPEDITE ALL PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES FOR THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL OUR CITIZENS – MAYOR MUSKA & WEST CITY COUNCIL